Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry
30ml + 15ml oil or peanut oil
400g beef steak, sliced
100g mushrooms or Asian mushrooms, sliced
1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
100g broccoli, trimmed
1 red pepper, sliced
1 bunch red spring onions, sliced into 3cm strips
45ml oyster sauce or soy sauce
15ml Sweet chilli sauce
80g jumbo salted peanuts or cashew nuts
50g bean sprouts, optional
10g fresh coriander leaves
250g Tastic Parboiled Rice, cooked (approx. 700g cooked weight)
- Heat 30ml oil in a pan and fry the beef, in batches, until just browned. Set aside.
- Return the pan to the stove and fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the 15ml oil in a clean pan and fry the carrot, broccolini and red pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spring onions and water, cover and steam for 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add the reserved beef and mushrooms to the stir fry.
- Stir in the oyster sauce and sweet chilli sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the nuts and bean sprouts, if using.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve at once with Tastic Parboiled Rice.