Caramel Rice Pudding
210g Tastic Parboiled Rice
1 can condensed milk
500ml full cream milk
50g desiccated coconut
5ml vanilla essence
50g caster sugar
250ml cream, whipped
125ml cream, whipped
30g dark chocolate, grated
45ml flaked almonds, toasted
- Place the can of condensed milk into a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, simmer and cover and cook for 21⁄2 - 3 hours, topping up with hot water from time to time so that the pan doesn't run dry. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the Tastic Parboiled Rice into a pan with the milk, coconut, vanilla essence and salt and bring to the boil. Simmer and cook, stirring, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the caster sugar and cook until the rice is cooked and the mixture is reduced. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the caramel contents from the cooled condensed milk can, into a mixing bowl and beat using an electric whisk. Stir in the rice mixture and fold through the whipped cream.
- Spoon the mixture into serving dishes and chill until serving.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, grated chocolate and toasted almonds.