Caramel Rice Pudding
1 can condensed milk
210g Tastic Parboiled Rice
500ml full cream milk
50g desiccated coconut
5ml vanilla essence
50g caster sugar
250ml cream, whipped
125ml cream, whipped
30g dark chocolate, grated
45ml flaked almonds, toasted
- Place the can of condensed milk into a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, simmer and cover and cook for 21⁄2 - 3 hours, topping up with hot water from time to time so that the pan doesn't run dry. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the Tastic Parboiled Rice into a pan with the milk, coconut, vanilla essence and salt and bring to the boil. Simmer and cook, stirring, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the caster sugar and cook until the rice is cooked and the mixture is reduced. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the caramel contents from the cooled condensed milk can, into a mixing bowl and beat using an electric whisk. Stir in the rice mixture and fold through the whipped cream.
- Spoon the mixture into serving dishes and chill until serving
- Serve topped with whipped cream, grated chocolate and toasted almonds.