Summer Beef Curry
1 red onion, sliced
500g beef cubes
10-20ml Red Thai curry paste or medium curry paste
25ml fresh ginger, finely grated
250ml beef stock
1 can coconut milk
10ml cornflour, slaked in 30ml milk
300g assorted cooked vegetables such as green beans, yellow patty pans, butternut, sugar snap peas
salt and black pepper
15ml lime or lemon juice
30g flaked almonds or coconut shavings, toasted
10g fresh coriander leaves
220g Tastic Parboiled Rice, cooked (approx. 600g cooked weight)
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for 4 minutes.
- Add the beef and brown on all sides.
- Stir in the curry paste and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef stock and coconut milk and simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the beef is tender
- Increase the heat and stir in the cornflour mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the cooked vegetables and cream and heat through.
- Season to taste and stir in the lime juice.
- Top with toasted almonds or coconut shavings and fresh coriander.
- Serve with Tastic Parboiled Rice.