By participating in this Competition, Participants agree to the rules set out below.
- Participation in this Competition is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Rules”):
- Participants are encouraged to review the Rules before entering into the Competition and acknowledge that they been given an appropriate opportunity to do so and that they understand and accept these Rules.
- This competition is operated by Tiger Consumer Brands Limited (“Tiger Brands”) and the organisers of the Competition.
- Directors, members, partners, promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers, employees or consultants of Tiger Brands and the organisers of the Competition.
- People who are not legal residents and/or legal citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
- Spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 2.1 above.
- Persons under the age of 18 years.
To enter into this Competition, participants will be required to:
- Visit the DSTV Delicious Festival in JHB from 7 - 8 October 2017.
- Access the Tastic Rice Facebook page and open the messaging feature.
- Follow all the prompts, answering all questions correctly.
- These questions will correlate with information provided at the Tastic World of Rice stands found around the Festival.
- The Winner will be determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Tiger Brands and the organisers of the competition on 9 October 2017 at Tiger Brands’ offices in Bryanston. The Winner will be formally announced on the Tastic Rice Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts by 31 October 2017.
- Participants in this Competition stand a chance to win a Trip for 2 to Zanzibar. Prize includes flights, transfer and accommodation for 2 adults for 4 nights at the Azanzi Resort in Zanzibar.
- Prize can only be redeemed during out of peak seasons
- Valid for 6 months from date of draw
- Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash
- Any extra expenses incurred during the Winner’s stay (dining, shopping, entertainment etc) are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- How to claim your prize:
- Winners will be announced and notified by means of the Tastic Rice Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts as well as through the contact details provided.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Tiger Brands and the organisers of the Competition shall not be responsible for any lost, delayed or electronically corrupt entries for any reason whatsoever.
- Tiger Brands and the organisers of the Competition reserve the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his/her submission is validated and his/her documents are completed and submitted to Tiger Brands and/or the organisers of the Competition. If a potential prize winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, the prize will be forfeited and a runner up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- If Tiger Brands or the organisers of the Competition are unable to reach any of the potential prize winners after 3 (three) attempts made within 3 (three) working days of their name being drawn, for whatsoever reason, including incorrect telephone numbers or inoperative telephone numbers, such winner will be disqualified and a runner up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- Tiger Brands and the organisers of the Competition may require the winner to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these Rules. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these Rules, he/she will automatically be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. Winners may also be required to sign acceptance of prizes and indemnity documents.
- The prizes are not transferable, and no substitution or cash redemption of prizes is permitted. The prize will not be handed/awarded to a third party, but only to the verified prize winner. The prize does not include transport to and from the venue.
- Tiger Brands reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the prizes with any other prizes of comparable or greater commercial value for whatever reason.
- Participants may be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcast or publishing purposes. Participants shall at all times be entitled to decline the above request. Participants that take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of Tiger Brands.
- Nothing in these Rules is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Participants or Tiger Brands in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("CPA").
- All Participants participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these Rules, the Participants give consent to these risks and hereby indemnify and hold harmless Tiger Brands and the organisers of the Competition, their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the Competition and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Tiger Brands or the organisers of the Competition.
- Tiger Brands and the organisers of the Competition, their directors, employees, agents and distributors accept no responsibility and they will not, in any circumstances, be liable to compensate the participants, or accept any liability for: (a) any inability by the participant to use the prize in part or at all; (b) the lack of quality or any other aspect of any service which is or should be provided at any venue(s) in relation to the prize; or (c) any personal loss or injury occurring arising, directly or indirectly, out of the use of the prize.
- Tiger Brands and the organisers of the Competition, their directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties or undertakings given by any person other than Tiger Brands and the organisers of the Competition themselves.
- Tiger Brands reserves the right to terminate or extend the Competition at any time. In the event of such termination or extension.
- By entering the Competition, Participants acknowledge that the Competition will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Participants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable Tiger Brands and the organisers of the Competition to comply with their obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prizes to the participants. Should any participant refuse or be unable to comply with this requirement, the participant shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Rules, Tiger Brands reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone suspend or cancel this Competition, the Rules and any prize (which has not yet been allocated), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which Tiger Brands deems necessary. At the end of the Competition for whatsoever reason, all of Tiger Brands’ obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall cease to exist.
- These Rules shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa and any Participant and Tiger Brands consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa.
- For further information or enquiries please email our consumer services at consumer.services@za.Tiger Brands.com or call us on 086 0096 116. Calls to this number will be charged by your cellular network service provider.
This competition is in no way organized, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Tiger Brands and not to Facebook.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the competition can be directed to Tiger Brands (as set out in 24 above) and not to Facebook.